Central Asia and South Asia
- Advised on the development and implementation of the Regional Digital Central Asia South Asia (Digital CASA) Program. Digital CASA Regional Program aims to increase access to more affordable internet, crowd-in private investment, and improve participating government’s capacity to deliver digital government services in Central Asia and parts of South Asia, through the development of a regionally integrated digital infrastructure and enabling environment.
The expected outcomes of Digital CASA Regional Program include:
- Increase in the number of people provided with access to the Internet.
- Significant social benefits related to more efficient delivery of services and enhanced citizen participation, including in health, education, among others.
- Increase in the number of e-Services and Applications Utilizing the Shared Services Platform.
- Development of the ICT sector and digital job opportunities through increased productivity of firms, technological innovations across industries.
- Facilitation of cross-border trade of knowledge, products (e.g. e-commerce) services across the region.
- Generation of indirect government revenue sources.
- Designed and supported implementation of the Digital Resilience Program.
- Developed conceptual framework for catalyzing Central Asia Digital Resilience Academy (CADRA), including partnership and skills framework based on research and analysis of existing practices